Adjusting or modifying tests and training materials.
Accepting that there may be alternative ways of accomplishing a given task or objective which were not taken into account during the preparation of the job description or selection criteria.
- Providing company information in appropriate formats and assisting in communication, where necessary e.g. staff manuals, health and safety notices, etc.
- A talking lift with tactile floor buttons.
- Adjustable-height desks.
- Hands-free telephone sets.
- Later start and finish times.
- Organising the distribution of work tasks in a team so that staff members who are hard of hearing are not expected to take minutes. (HSA)