This scheme is for employers to provide training and awareness. Grant assistance of 90% of eligible training to max €20,000 in year 1 and 80% in subsequent years.
The goal of the training is to deliver clear and accurate information about disability.
The training should be aimed at providing those taking part with an understanding and awareness of the issues surrounding disability. Also an overview of relevant anti-discrimination and equal opportunities legislation.
It should also provide specific information on:
- disabilities and abilities focusing on mobility and sensory issues
- perceptual awareness exercises that aim to dispel common myths
- disability etiquette to clarify appropriate language and behaviour
The training should include information on dealing with mental health issues in the workplace.
Eligible costs include
- Fees paid in respect of external disability awareness training programmes or courses;
- Fees for in-house disability awareness training by external trainers;
- Fees for open learning / computer / web-based disability awareness training programmes;
- The cost of learning materials, e.g. manuals, books, DVDs, clearly associated with the relevant training programme, to a maximum of €650. (gov.ie)
How to Apply
To apply, please contact a Case Officer at your local Intreo Centre.
Visit our Disability Awareness Training Links page for information on training providers.