Employers should aim to implement best practice for all your employees, whether they are a person with a disability or not.
In relation to employing people with disabilities, best practice includes:
- recruiting a diverse and inclusive workforce,
- providing disability awareness training,
- ensuring premises are accessible ,
- ensuring that company policies are inclusive and accessible (Handbook, PEEP / Health and Safety), and
- providing accessible technologies.
This section provides advice and information to employers with regard to the employment of people with disabilities.